Eligibility to Graduate
Students are eligible for graduation under the following conditions:
- The student is in good academic standing with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.000 or above.
- The student has earned at least the minimum number of credits required to complete the student’s program of study.
- The student has fulfilled other program requirements and any outstanding issues.
Apply to Graduate
Students must apply to graduate through the Student Hub, review their degree audit for accuracy, and may choose to meet with their academic advisor for academic clearance.
Issuance of Diplomas and Certificates
Diplomas and certificates are issued three times a year (December, May, and August), but there is only a spring Commencement ceremony. Please visit the Commencement Office website to confirm eligibility to participate in the spring Commencement ceremony.
Completing a Thesis for a Master’s Program
Students completing a thesis as part of the program’s academic requirements are required to complete the following at least five business days before the final grade submission deadline for the academic term:
- Upon successful defense of the thesis, the student must have the Thesis Approval form signed by the members of the thesis committee.
- The student must submit an electronic copy of the thesis to ProQuest, following the directions outlined at the University Library website.
- The student must have the Thesis Approval form approved by a representative from the Bouvé Office of Student Services.
PhD Program Completion
PhD degree completion has additional requirements.
- The PhD hooding and degree conferral ceremony is only held during the spring semester. PhD students may not be hooded until they have successfully defended their dissertations and completed all academic requirements.
- Students completing a dissertation must complete the following at least five business days before the final grade submission deadline for the academic term:
- Upon successful defense of the dissertation, the student must have the Dissertation Approval form signed by the dissertation committee members.
- The student must submit an electronic copy of the dissertation to ProQuest, following the directions outlined in the University Library website.
- The student must complete an exit survey, at which time the Dissertation Approval form will be approved.
- Students must submit a copy of the Survey of Earned Doctorates Certification of Completion (SED) to the Bouvé Office of Student Services before graduation. Instructions for submission of the survey will be sent to the student prior to the end of the student's last term.