If a student has not graduated, a grade can be changed by a course instructor within 12 months of the end of the semester in which the grade was given.

If a student has graduated, or if more than 12 months have elapsed, a grade can only be changed by request of a course instructor with the approval of the college that offers the course.

If more than 24 months have elapsed, grades can no longer be changed.

If a course instructor is not available, course change requests may be initiated by the department or college that offers the course.

Colleges may place additional restrictions on how grades can be changed.

The grade change policy explains when a course instructor may change a student’s grade to correct errors. This policy does not apply to incomplete grades or to student-initiated appeals to change grades. In particular, the grade change policy should not be used to allow a student to submit work after the completion of a class.