Final Examinations and Related Policies on Other Exams and Final Term Papers/Projects
- Final examinations are normally two hours in length and must be held when and where scheduled. Final exams are held during a designated final exam period at the end of the semester. An examination schedule is posted at the beginning of each semester at the final-exam schedule webpage.
- Students are responsible for knowing the time and location of their examinations. Final exam schedules are available to students online via the myNEU web portal under "My Schedule" in the "Self-Service" tab approximately the fourth week of the term.
- Students who have two examinations scheduled at the same time or three exams on the same day may complete and submit the Final Exam Conflict form by the posted deadline.
- Instructors may not give more than thirty total minutes of examinations during the eight calendar days prior to the start of the final exam period.
- Students who have concerns about exams scheduled during the eight calendar days prior to the start of the final exam period, rescheduling of final examinations, or conduct during an examination should report their concerns to their college academic student services office.
- All final examinations, term papers, or projects must be returned to the student or be retained by the department for a period of one year.