Engineering Leadership, Graduate Certificate
The Gordon Engineering Leadership Program is a transformational, technical, and challenging graduate-level learning experience targeted for engineering professionals.
The Gordon Institute offers a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership as formal recognition of midlevel engineers’ leadership acumen and broadened cross-functional capabilities.
Pursuing the graduate certificate allows participants to:
- Take part in a hands-on curriculum taught by industry-experienced professors
- Work with peers from across engineering fields on leadership skills development
- Receive one-on-one mentoring from industry experts and faculty
The Gordon Engineering Leadership Program anchors around an intense, market-worthy challenge project based on your organization’s strategic needs. This is a unique opportunity to apply your classroom experience in a professional setting, potentially further accelerating your career.
How to Earn a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership
If you already have a Master of Science, then you can complete the one-year program to earn a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership.
If you do not have a Master of Science, then you can still be considered for the Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership if you have at least three years of engineering work experience.
Additional Information can be found on the Gordon Engineering Leadership Program website.
Beyond a Graduate Certificate
Most candidates pursue the Gordon Engineering Leadership Program as part of a Master of Science degree in the engineering discipline of their choice. Upon completion, they earn both the Master of Science degree and a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Leadership.
Complete all courses and requirements listed below unless otherwise indicated.
|ENLR 5121||Engineering Leadership 1||2|
|ENLR 5122||Engineering Leadership 2||2|
|ENLR 5131||Scientific Foundations of Engineering 1||2|
|ENLR 5132||Scientific Foundations of Engineering 2||2|
|ENLR 7440||Engineering Leadership Challenge Project 1||4|
|ENLR 7442||Engineering Leadership Challenge Project 2||4|
Students can enroll in the Engineering Leadership Graduate Certificate while pursuing the following degrees:
- MSBioE Bioengineering
- MS Biotechnology
- MSChE Chemical Engineering
- MSCivE Civil Engineering (select concentration)
- MSCSE Computer Systems Engineering
- MS Cybersecurity
- MS Data Analytics Engineering
- MSECE Electrical and Computer Engineering (select concentration)
- MSECEL Electrical and Computer Engineering Leadership
- MSENE Energy Systems
- MSEM Engineering Management
- MS Engineering and Public Policy (select concentration)
- MSEnvE Environmental Engineering
- MSIE Industrial Engineering
- MSIS Information Systems
- MSME Mechanical Engineering (select concentration)
- MSOR Operations Research
- MSSBS Sustainable Building Systems
- MS Telecommunication Networks
Program Credit/GPA Requirements
16 total semester hours required
Minimum 3.000 GPA required