Internal Applicants/Current Graduate Students at Northeastern
Current NU students will be required to submit an online application in order to have the certificate program added to their transcript. Please contact Khoury graduate admissions with any questions.
In order to be admitted to Khoury graduate certificate programs, current NU students must be in good academic standing. Students on academic probation will not be admitted into a graduate certificate program. Students must apply for admission to a certificate program prior to their final term of study. Requests for admission in the final term will not be considered.
To apply for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics program, you must submit an online application that includes:
- PDF or scanned copies of unofficial undergraduate transcripts (you can submit official transcripts from colleges/universities attended at the time of admission)
- Statement of purpose including description of relevant work experience
- Three confidential letters of reference from individuals that know your academic record and/or potential for graduate study
- Official TOEFL examination scores (international students only)
Acceptance to Khoury is granted upon recommendation of the college graduate committee after a review of the completed application.
Please note that the data analytics certificate is not an F-1-eligible program. International students enrolled in MS programs at the university are required to comply with all enrollment visa regulations regarding online course enrollment. Please contact the Office of Global Services (OGS) if you have questions regarding your enrollment status.
Certificate Coursework Applied to Khoury Graduate Degrees
Certificate coursework completed by graduate students may be used in some cases toward a Khoury graduate degree.
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics: With approval from the health informatics program director, selected students can substitute one course from the Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics for a technical core requirement in the Master of Science in Health Informatics degree, and up to two more courses from the Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics can be counted as electives for the Master in Science in Health Informatics degree.
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science: Object-Oriented Design (CS 5004) is only eligible to be counted toward the MSCS degree provided that the student is enrolled in the MSCS-Align program; it is not eligible for inclusion in the MSCS program as a stand-alone elective.
In order to maintain good standing in the certificate programs, students must have a B average or better at the conclusion of each semester. A student whose overall grade-point average (GPA) falls below 3.000 will be automatically placed on academic probation and will be notified by the college. Once on probation, a student has one academic semester (summer excluded) to achieve a 3.000 GPA. If the GPA is still unsatisfactory at the end of that semester, the student will be eligible for dismissal from the graduate certificate program.
If a student receives an “F” grade in any of the certificate courses, the student will be required to retake and pass that course in order to qualify for completion of the program.
Students must have an average GPA of 3.000 overall in the certificate course in order to complete the certificate program.
Students in the certificate program are not eligible to participate in the Khoury graduate co-op program.