Global Pathways is designed for academically qualified international students who need additional preparation to achieve the required English-language skill level to enter a CPS graduate program or select graduate programs offered by other Northeastern University colleges. The duration of the program (one or two terms) for each individual student depends on English-language proficiency. Global Pathways helps international students to strengthen their academics, transition to American culture and an American classroom, and improve their English skills. After successful completion of Global Pathways and its degree progression requirements listed under each of the program pages, participating international students can transfer up to 4 credits toward their master’s degree in the area of their interest.
CPS Graduate Programs Entrance Requirements
- Academic record equivalent to a grade-point average of at least 2.500
- Minimum iBT score requirements:
- Two terms = 61
- One term = 74
Other Graduate Programs Entrance Requirements
To enter this Global Pathways program, you must meet each of the College of Professional Studies’ established admissions requirements listed under each of the college/program pages. Please note, most colleges offer one- and two-term Global Pathways, and your English-language score will determine the length of your Global Pathways studies.
- Select from multiple entry points throughout the term
- Complete the program in one or two terms depending on qualifications
- Benefit from academic advising, transferable credit, tutoring, and student support services and extracurricular activities
- Enjoy access to all university facilities
- Choose from a wide range of graduate degree programs
- Be guaranteed entry to a Northeastern University graduate degree program upon successful completion of Global Pathways and its degree progression requirements listed under each of the program pages
Visit the Global Pathways website for more information about the programs, admissions process, and curriculum.