Game Analytics, Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Game Analytics offers students an opportunity to obtain the ability to analyze vast amounts of data, which has become critical as big data has rapidly become a competitive space across multiple industries from games to healthcare, urban planning, and social media.
In the game industry, data-driven techniques for analyzing game data have become a strategic necessity. The game development process has shifted from “design, develop, release” to “design, develop, release, and continuously fine-tune based on analytics.” All free-to-play games on mobile, tablets, touch devices, and web-delivered platforms use analytics to develop strategies for monetization and assessment.
As game companies have realized the importance of data analytics in the process of design and production, they have dramatically increased the demand for qualified game analysts. Northeastern’s unique Graduate Certificate in Game Analytics is a one-year, 20-semester-hour program developed to meet this need.
Students are considered based on their application package, which includes the following documents:
- Statement of purpose projecting career goals and/or relevant work experience
- A description of any experience in the games field and/or a portfolio, if available
- Transcripts of undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.000
- General GRE scores
- Minimum TOEFL score of 100 (internet based) or 250 (computer based) or IELTS score of 6.0 for international students who have a bachelor’s degree from a non–English-speaking country
- Three letters of reference from individuals who understand the studentʼs potential for graduate study
Acceptance is based on an assessment of the student’s ability to succeed in the advanced course work of the program.
All admitted students meet with an advisor who help them select a pathway with a coherent set of electives depending on their career goals. The advisor also monitors their progress throughout the course work.
See the following page for program requirements.
Complete all five courses and requirements listed below unless otherwise indicated.
|Data Science Core|
|PPUA 6302||Information Design and Visual Analytics||4|
|Game Science and Design Core|
|GSND 5110||Game Design and Analysis||4|
|GSND 6350||Game Analytics||4|
Program Credit/GPA Requirements
20 total semester hours required
Minimum 3.000 GPA required